Kathleen Gherardi BA MA
The Old Pump House
t: 07807 548014
I support people in exploring the following:
- Self-care - coming to a position of physical, emotional and mental self-care; understanding healthy care of self v selfishness or self-harm
- Relationships - building a healthy relationship with self and with others; dealing with difficult relationships and people; freeing the self from a ‘knee jerk’ reaction to others
- Stress management - dealing with anxiety, panic attacks, mental confusion, illogical fears and worries
- Anger management - dealing with irritability, discontent, loss of temper, illogical lack of patience and tolerance
- Lack of energy and motivation - dealing with negative attitudes, sleep problems, problems with decision making, lack of life meaning and purpose, depression
- Trauma - understanding the effects of past or current physical, emotional, mental abuse
- Alcohol issues, drug issues, eating issues – coming to a position of self-care in these areas
I work with people in a psychodynamic way, from the Jungian perspective of an integrated Self.
I have worked as a psychotherapist since 2006, building my practice. Prior to becoming a psychotherapist, I had 20 years of experience as a mentor and life coach of teenagers and adults.
I adhere to the ethical code of conduct of the BACP. It is the foundation of my work. I have been an independent member of the BACP since 2006. I am actively working towards accreditation.
I earned an MA in Psychotherapy from Middlesex University in 2012. I earned a BA in Biology from Wittenberg University in 1975.