Kathleen Gherardi BA MA
The Elms Consulting Rooms
24 Hall Place Gardens
t: 07807 548014
I support people in exploring the following:
- Self-care - coming to a position of physical, emotional and mental self-care; understanding healthy care of self v selfishness or self-harm
- Relationships - building a healthy relationship with self and with others; dealing with difficult relationships and people; freeing the self from a ‘knee jerk’ reaction to others
- Stress management - dealing with anxiety, panic attacks, mental confusion, illogical fears and worries
- Anger management - dealing with irritability, discontent, loss of temper, illogical lack of patience and tolerance
- Lack of energy and motivation - dealing with negative attitudes, sleep problems, problems with decision making, lack of life meaning and purpose, depression
- Trauma - understanding the effects of past or current physical, emotional, mental abuse
- Alcohol issues, drug issues, eating issues – coming to a position of self-care in these areas
I work with people in a psychodynamic way, from the Jungian perspective of an integrated Self.
I started my training as a psychotherapist in the late winter of 2003. I have been practicing continually since I starting working with training clients in 2004. I currently have a private practice in St Albans. I have been volunteering as a counsellor, since the spring of 2013, at a local drug and alcohol rehabilitation and recovery service, which is community based and non-residential.
In the past I volunteered, for 2 years, as a counsellor at a day hospice in Barnet, which provided support services to cancer sufferers. Prior to becoming a psychotherapist I had 20 years of experience as a mentor and life coach of teenagers and adults. I wrote my Masters thesis on the similarities and differences between mentoring and counselling teenagers in secondary schools in England. I have self-published my MA dissertation. You can find it on amazon Kindle if you would like a copy of my research.
I earned an MA in Psychotherapy and Healing Practice from Middlesex University, London and the Society for Psychology & Healing in 2012. I earned a BA in Biology from Wittenberg University, Ohio in 1975.
I am an individual member of the BACP. I am working towards registration and accreditation. I adhere to the BACP code of conduct. It is the foundation of my work.